The Rules For Renting
Are all textbooks able to be rented?
No, unfortunately not all textbooks are able to be rented. If a textbook is able to be rented, you will see a rental price available next to the book.
How much is it to rent a Textbook?
The cost of each textbook is different to rent based on a variety of factors, including market value, publisher, and edition. New and Used rental prices will be listed clearly on our website next to each title that is available to be rented.
When will I need to return my rented textbook?
The return period begins when you secure your credit card for rental and ends at 4:30 p.m. on the last day of the rental return period. The deadline for rental returns is listed on all receipts. Rental titles not returned by the end of the day on the final date of the return period are subject to the fees and terms outlined in the Rental Agreement.
What is your Rental Agreement?
You have entered into a rental agreement with our bookstore to loan you one copy of a selected title. Rental textbooks are the intellectual property of the author(s) and are copyrighted by the author(s) or publishers. Textbook rentals are not to be reproduced. The rental agreement is only effective for the current semester. Per terms of this agreement, you are responsible for the following:
- I understand that all titles for rent are property of the bookstore.
- Materials are returned in the appropriate condition: clean, without writing or highlighting, and without notes. You agree to be billed for the full publisher’s price of the materials if any of the items are damaged or missing.
- Damage includes water damage, mold, missing covers, broken bindings, missing pages, destroyed text on pages and the like.
- Materials are returned on or before the date they are due. You agree to be billed for the price of the materials plus 10% of the rental fee if they are not returned on time.
- If you wish to keep your rental materials, the rental fee will be applied to the price of the items you want to own.
- Non-returned materials are charged a late fee.
- I acknowledge that I will not exceed my limit and/or cancel the securing card on file, and if so, I will notify the University Store of the change.
- An MU student ID is required at the time of rental.
Can the University Store refuse my textbook when I return it?
Yes, if the textbook is determined by our staff to violate the terms of our Rental Agreement due to excessive damage, missing pages, spine not in tact, water damage, excessive highlighting or page markings, the University Store can refuse to accept your rental title if it is not in usable condition.
What will happen if I don't return my textbook in time?
Failure to return a rental textbook by the end of the return period is a violation of the rental agreement and will become an intent to purchase. Your credit card will be charged the difference between the rental price already paid and the full retail price of the book, as well as a non-return fee calculated as 10% of the rental fee.
A MILLERSVILLE STUDENT ID NUMBER (M#) IS REQUIRED TO RENT TEXTBOOKS.